Over the weekend my Iphone 4 Died. I was able to get an appointment at the Apple Genius Bar fairly quickly. Good thing I bought Apple Care. They quickly decided that it was dead and would replace it free of charge. The “Genius” then told me that they were out of stock. Apple’s warranty states that they have to replace “like” for “like”. That means – No Upgrades and no switching colors.
“Great… How long’s the wait”. 5 Days.
Now, I don’t know about you, but I live off my Iphone. I’m constantly using it to:
- Check Email
- Texting friends and co-workers
- Checking Facebook, Twitter or linkedin.
- Reading the News
- Listening to music
- Google’s stupid things to prove people wrong on the spot.
- Browsing the internet
- Using NAVIGON (The best GPS navigation software!) to figure out where I’m going.
- And let’s not forget playing Angry Birds when I’m bored out of my mind.
So here I am. Day 2 of being with out of Phone. Let me rephrase that – day 2 of being with out my “Smartphone”. When I got home last night I had 10 messages waiting for me on my answering machine. People calling wondering if everything was ok.
So I’ve decided to take this on as a challenge. I’m not going to go out and seek a temporary replacement. I’m going Old School.
- Need to make a call – stop at a phone booth or wait till I’m at home or the office.
- Need to check my mail – Check it at home.
- Want to listen to music in the car – Listen to the radio.
- Want to figure out where I’m going – Look at a map.
- Want to talk to someone – Go see them or call or email them when I can.
Now this is only Day 2. My kids love it. They haven’t seen me this attentive in years. I feel anxious and out of touch but I’m starting to get used to it.
Anybody else up for the challenge?Share