Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion my Outlook client’s performance absolutely sucked!. I was surprised that Microsoft did not have a solution for this nor could I find any resolution from Apple. I eventually came across this solution -> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4149013?start=0&tstart=0
I thought I would rewrite the instructions to make it easier for people.
The problem is identified as a botched update which leaves multiple preference settings which are seen by outlook as being multiple identities.
- Click on Finder
- You need to deleted the “Office 2011” folder found in the /user/(your login name)/Library/Preferences/Microsoft
- This is a hidden folder that you will not see. In finder click on Go in the top menu.
- Click on Go to Folder
- In the dialog box enter the following. Remember to replace the (your login name) with the name you use to login to the MAC -> /user/(your login name)/Library/Preferences/Microsoft
- Drag or delete or move to trash the “office 2011” folder
- Restart the Mac
- Next you need to rebuild the Office Identity
- To rebuild the office identity click on Finder
- Click on the Applications folder in the left hand menu
- Click on Microsoft Office 2011
- Click on Office
- Find database utility
- Start Outlook
Watch outlook fly!Share