Reducing the total migration scope is critical to controlling project costs and completing a migration. Until now, the alternative to migrating databases was to throw away as many applications as possible.
Dcom is a proven low cost alternative to migrating Lotus Notes to a new platform. Dcom is simple to deploy and maintain, providing endless access to important data while reducing the time and complexity of a Lotus Notes Database migration.
Dcom provides a simple, fast and low cost way to preserve both native and web enabled Domino applications completely independent of Lotus Notes. Dcom transitions Domino applications to web based XML archives providing a platform to view the original application through any browser. With just a few clicks, a copy of the original Lotus Notes application with all the Notes documents, security levels, attachments, and document links is created.
Dcom maintains the look and feel of the Lotus Notes interface, views, documents and attachments. Your users will have immediate access to the converted Lotus Notes databases with complete familiarity, and with no training required.
- Dcom is completely independent of Lotus Notes and requires no additional licensing.
- Dcom is simple to deploy, use, and manage so your organization can start leveraging the benefits of Dcom immediately.
- Dcom allows you to build new applications on new platforms without having to consider the impact of data size and complexity of the original Domino application.
- Notes documents are converted to PDF format preserving the original data and providing an industry- standard presentation of documents for compliance, legal or reference purposes.
- Lotus Notes access control settings and author/reader field access controls are preserved during the Dcom data migration process for ease of set up and a secure data repository.
- Dcom provides the ability to export the xml data into another platform at any point in the future.
Architecture & Security
Licensing and Services
Dcom can be leveraged in one of two ways.
- Dcom Enterprise provides for the complete deployment in your facilities, where your administrators can manage the transition of Databases from Lotus Notes to Dcom, and support the roll out to users.
- Dcom on Cloud provides a full turn key and hosting solution where Rivit will convert your databases and move them to your own instance of Dcom for secure and easy access.
- Rivit is also here to assist through the entire process. Dcom licenses come with support to assist in deployments, database processing, and viewer management.
Old Document Views
Old Domino Documents
Take advantage of our no-cost trial today!
The Dcom Proof Of Concept will show you how your organization can leverage Dcom to cut costs and expedite your migration program. Rivit’s POC program starts with the execution of the Migration Assessment. Leveraging Rivit's APPAnalyzer solution, we will show you how to identify possible destinations platforms for each for each Lotus Notes database application, including the Dcom Database Archiving Solution. The APPAnalyzer is yours to keep!
Together we will identify two Domino databases that meet your criteria for application archiving. Rivit will convert the databases to Dcom, and make them available in our secure Cloud for your organization to review.
Contact Rivit today to find out more about our no cost, low risk Lotus Notes Application Archiving test drive.